When you buy goods or a service the law gives you rights - consumer rights. These protect you from being treated unfairly by a trader. You may have recieved poor service, you may want to switch energy suppliers, or quite simply cancel a contract.
If you have problems with any of the following then you can contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline where trained advisers can give you free, impartial and independent advice over the phone.
Issues relating to:
- Cars and other vehicles
- Builders and home improvements
- Phones, TV, Internet packages or other computer realted services
- Furniture, household goods and clothing
- Travel, leisure and food items
- Profesional and financial services
- Complain to Trading Standards
can all be helped by phoning the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline.
To get information or advice, call the Citzens Advice Consumer Helpline on 03454 04 05 06. More information about the cost of 03 numbers can be found here.
The helpline is open Monday to Friday - 09:00am till 05:00pm - excluding Bank Holidays.
Alternativly, you can seek assistance online 24/7 by clicking here, there are also a number of useful factsheets avaliable here.